By Leanne Hall on
We’ve all been there. Hitting the gym regularly, eating really well and feeling fabulous. Then it happens. Maybe we over eat at a work function, or take a week off the gym because we’ve been feeling unwell. Or maybe we just feel bored with our current fitness routine. Whatever the trigger, the result is the same. Motivation takes a drastic nose-dive and we find ourselves frustrated, and perhaps even depressed at the fact that we just can’t seem to pull ourselves together and get back on track.
So how can you get back on the health and fitness wagon? Well, here are my tips to help get you back to your healthy self again!
When motivation disappears, the first question you need to ask yourself is this: “Why?”
By The Mindful Mocktail on
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 10-12 blueberries
- 8 mint leaves
- Juice of 1 lime
- Sparkling water or kombucha
- 1 tsp sweetener of choice (opt)
- Place blueberries, mint, lime and sweetener (if using) into a glass.
- Muddle together for about 1 minute to release the juice from the blueberries and lime, and the flavour from the mint. If you don’t have a muddler, use the back of a wooden spoon or similar.
- Top with sparkling water or your favourite kombucha and stir gently.
- Add ice and garnish with some extra blueberries and mint.
For more recipes like this, follow @themindfulmocktail on Instagram
By Gael Myers on
It's that time of the year when we frown at the string of festive feasts and resolve to lose 20 kilos. We sign up for the gym, throw money at the fad program with the fastest weight loss claims and vow that this year will be different. Come the end of January, reality sets in and the only number going down is our bank account.
LiveLighter have shared three tips to refresh your New Year's resolution thinking and help you feel great in 2021.