Having a Dry July has great health benefits. We've brought together a collection of articles that could help you with your Dry July.
Tips on cutting down after Dry July
By Dry July Foundation on
Carry on your good work from July through to August and beyond. Here are some practical tips if you want to try to cut down on the amount of alcohol you’re drinking:
- Before you start drinking, quench your thirst with a non-alcoholic drink
- Drink slowly – have a drink of water with your alcoholic drink
- Make every second drink non-alcoholic – this will help space out your drinks.
- Eat food when you’re drinking, but avoid salty foods – these make you thirstier.
- Try to dilute your alcoholic drinks – for example, a shandy (beer with lemonade) or a wine spritzer (wine with mineral water).
- Designate at least two alcohol-free days a week
- Know your standard drinks – buy an alcohol measure for at home
- One standard drink equals:
- 285 ml of beer (one glass of beer)
- 100 ml of wine (one small glass of wine)
- 30 ml of spirits (one measure of spirits)