Nepean Cancer Centre benefits from Dry July Foundation Grant Program
We're pleased to announce that Nepean Cancer Care Centre has received an additional grant from the Dry July Foundation October grant round.
This grant will enable new wigs for the Wig Library. This will increase the number of patients who can access the Wig Library, a greater variety of modern style wigs will also assist patients in finding a style that suits them to give them more confidence
The grant will also help launching a Wellness program that provides 8-week program for patients free of charge, conducted by an exercise physiologist
Dry July Foundation funds multiple projects at Nepean Cancer Care Centre
Thanks to the incredible fundraising efforts of Dry July participants in 2019, the Dry July Foundation is able to fund multiple projects at the Nepean Cancer Care Centre.
Fund from 2019 will go towards the following:
• Refurbishment of Blood Collection room including patching, painting of mural and installing shelving
• Radiotherapy Patient Gowns to make patients more comfortable during their treatment
• A Urinalysis machine and two observation machines, to improve care for inpatients
• Body composition analyser for patients, to detect whether early intervention is required from Allied Health professionals
• Body Fluid Analyser for breast patients to help prevent Lymphoedema (swelling of certain parts of the body)
• Niki Pumps, a mobile automated drug delivery system which enables palliative care at home
• Specialist seating for with cushions that mold to patient who will be sat for long periods for Stem Cell Infusion
• Installation of a hand painted mural to enhance the patient waiting room
Another successful BBQ at Nepean Cancer Care Centre!
Thanks to everyone who supported our Breakfast BBQ on Thursday 25 July 2019 at Nepean Hospital.
With your help we raised over $2,000 to support our campaign for improving the treatment experience of people living with cancer. Add this to our existing total and we could be nudged into third place on the leader board!
Support us in this final week of Dry July by making a donation to the Nepean Cancer Carers – every little bit counts!
Patient quiet room transformed thanks to Dry July Foundation funding
The patient chat room at Nepean Cancer Care Centre has been transformed thanks to Dry July funds from last year’s campaign. The improved ambience makes a huge difference when talking to patients about their treatment.
This year Nepean Cancer Care Centre hope to do a similar renovation to their blood collection room in order to help relieve patients’ anxiety further. Help them drive up donations to reach their goal and improve the experience of cancer patients in the Penrith area by donating HERE