There are a number of reasons patients have difficulty attending appointments with doctors, for procedures or treatment including:
-inability to use public transport due to weakened immune system
- not holding a drivers licence
- unable to drive due to treatment or medication side effects
- limited family or social support networks
- unable to access public or community transport
- financial hardship that prohibits the use of public transport or taxis.
Thanks to funds received from Dry July Foundation in 2018, a transport to Treatment vehicle has been purchased to help these patients. Knowing they have a reliable service to get them to and from treatment will certainly make a difficult time, a little easier for those affected by cancer.