Thank you for taking on the Dry July challenge and supporting Calvary Mater Newcastle this year. This has enabled the hospital to fund projects and equipment that assist our patients, their families and carers, toward a more comfortable experience during and following their cancer treatment. We are extremely grateful for your fundraising efforts and dedication.
Your fundraising for Dry July this year has enabled Calvary Mater Newcastle to purchase the following items:
• New assistive equipment and pressure care items for the hospital’s Oncology Loan Pool Equipment.
• Scarves/turbans for people experiencing hair loss after cancer treatment.
• Postoperative bras for women undergoing surgery for breast cancer and breast reconstructive surgery.
• Four CADD pumps. CADD pumps are small light weight infusion pumps for patients who require continuous therapy over a number of days. These pumps will assist the Day Treatment Centre to deliver at home chemotherapy to a greater number of patients.
• Two low profile beds for Ward 5B (Oncology).
• A mural for the entry corridor to a treatment unit in Radiation Oncology.
• 10 vital signs monitors for installation in single rooms on Ward 5C (Haematology)
As you can see, this funding will allow us to update and enhance a wide variety of equipment that will help make our patient’s more comfortable, whether as an inpatient or outpatient.
On behalf of all the patients and staff at Calvary Mater Newcastle, we would like to thank you for your support and contribution to making a positive difference in the lives of people living with cancer.