As part of the #Projectlove - Andrew Love Cancer Centre Redevelopment, the Barwon Health Foundation team along with Day Ward and Pharmacy staff input, have taken the first steps of commencing the project and construction through initial concept plan development.
The redevelopment will dramatically change the efficiency and atmosphere of the Chemotherapy Day Ward.
Project Love is to be fully funded by the community, and the funds from Dry July will provide more privacy and comfort for those treated at the Andrew Love Cancer Centre.
- More privacy and space for patients in the Day Ward
- A more comfortable, efficient and modern Day Ward
- More efficient facilities in the Oncology Pharmacy to support the continued growth in the volume of manufactured chemotherapy drugs.
- More space for the individual counselling of patients, particularly with the increase in the use of oral chemotherapy treatments.
- A direct link between Oncology Pharmacy and Day Ward - allowing for safer and more efficient transport and delivery of drugs.
Read more at the Barwon Health Foundation's website: http://barwonhealthfoundation.org.au/hospital-appeal-project-love