Barwon Health’s Andrew Love Cancer Centre and Cancer Services is a comprehensive, integrated service providing world class cancer care for adults across the Victorian Southwest region.
The program includes:
- Specialist medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology program
- Dedication inpatient oncology ward
- Refurbished day ward and oncology pharmacy
- Hospital in the home program to provide care at home where possible
- Broad allied health services including physio, dietetics, speech pathology, psychology and specialist dental support
- Supportive Care Program with a Wellness Lounge
- Clinical Trials Unit providing access to cutting edge treatments
- Accommodation units for patients and carers needing to travel to attend treatment
- Exercise therapy program
This year, with your help we are fundraising to support the continuation of comfort and care therapies and wellness programs delivered across Barwon Health Cancer Services. The therapies include exercise therapy and art therapy which provide patients receiving treatment both as inpatients and day stay patients with physical, mental and emotional health benefits.
The funds will also support activities within the Wellness Lounge. The Wellness Lounge provides a space for patients and their families to seek support, comfort and simply retreat and relax.
The Lounge is a place to have a cup of tea, wait for your appointments in a comfortable environment or simply have a chat with the wellness team.
It is a beautiful, relaxing and welcoming space.
Each year, Barwon Health care for and treats over 20,000 patients from the Geelong and Victorian Southwest Region with 2,400 being new patients.
For more information about Barwon Health’s Cancer Services please visit www.barwonhealth.org.au/cancer-services/