More men and families benefit from Dry July funded PCFA Prostate Cancer Specialist Nursing Services
With thanks to Dry July Foundation, PCFA has significantly expanded its Specialist Nursing Service with the launch of a new nationwide Telenursing Service.
Thanks to your donations, our hospital-based nurses and telenurses are successfully meeting the growing demand for support of Australian men and families with prostate cancer:
• Over 300 new Telenursing calls each month
• Over 1700 new survivors connect each month
• Over 8,000 hospital consultations each month
The introduction of the Telenursing Service means men and their loved ones have more options for connecting with our Specialist Nurses for expert care and advice.
PCFA’s General Manager Supportive Care Programs, Bernard Riley, says no calls go unanswered.
“We’re here to provide...
Your 2021 Dry July fundraising went towards Leukaemia Foundation’s incredible Blood Cancer Support Coordinators
Whether it’s a friendly face to turn to for someone newly diagnosed, information about treatment and side effects or assistance with transportation or emergency accommodation — the Blood Cancer Support Team is here to provide precious relief and guidance at every turn for Aussies living with blood cancer.
Last year, the funds you raised went towards:
• Improving digital and online access to support for patients across the country.
• The introduction of a triage team so that patients and carers can immediately get in touch with the right people.
• A bigger focus on specialist areas such as exercise and supporting regional and rural communities.
• Launching an online referral form process where blood cancer patients can refer themselves...
Thanks to you, Cancer Council can run their 13 11 20 Information and Support Service for another year
Your Dry July fundraising in 2021 helped Cancer Council continue to support people affected by cancer across Australia through their 13 11 20 Information and Support Line – an incredible feat that would have been impossible without you.
“As a healthcare professional working on 13 11 20, I know how important the information and support we provide to our callers are. Generous funding from Dry July enables our service to continue its vital work.” – Jan Priaulx 13 11 20 Healthcare Professional
13 11 20 is there for all Australians, with a dedicated team of healthcare professionals answering calls from hundreds of Australians every single day. Over $3million was raised in 2021 which was directed to 13 11 20 across Australia, the money you...
Dry July Foundation funds 40 projects across Australia from the 2021 October Grant Round
We’re so excited to announce recipients of Dry July Foundation funding from the 2021 October Grant Round.
We have been able to fund 40 projects across 34 organisations. These projects and programs benefit cancer patients, their families and carers; aiming to make a difficult time, a little easier for those affected by cancer. Here are the successful applicants and the projects they will be delivering…
Ballarat Regional Integrated Cancer Centre
• BRICC Wellness Centre Programs - 15 programs previously supported by DJF including Yoga; Art therapy; financial counselling; Shiatsu, Mindfulness, Delta Dog Visits, Reiki etc.
Barwon Health’s Andrew Love Cancer Centre, Geelong
• Virtual Reality Headsets for the Chemotherapy Day Ward - Purchase of...
Mums Support Coordinators, Counselling & Connecting made possible thanks to Dry July fundraising
Mummy’s Wish helps manage the distressing burden of cancer on mums and their families by providing practical, tailored support during the entire treatment journey. This support gives the gift of time to mums with cancer so they can focus on what’s most important, being a mum.
Funds raised Mummy’s Wish Dry July supporters will be used to fund Mums Support Coordinators, Connecting & Counselling for Mum’s affected by cancer.
These support coordinators will provide personal support and case management by qualified Mummy's Wish health professionals who not only support but act as an information hub for mums affected by cancer. This ongoing support will include referrals to other support agencies, connection to support groups, Mummy's Wish...
Dry July fundraising enables Choices to fund a Gym Maintenance Program for people affected cancer
The Gym Maintenance Program provides a safe place for people experiencing cancer to improve their physical and emotional wellbeing and meet other fellow cancer survivors.
The program is coordinated by the Choices Cancer Support Centre, and is open to any cancer patient regardless of their place of diagnosis or treatment.
As a result of your fundraising efforts, Choices are also able to provide Art and Writing Therapies for people experiencing cancer. This program also provides a safe place for people to engage and meet other fellow cancer survivors.
On behalf of all the patients, their families and staff at The Wesley Hospital Choices Cancer Support Centre, we would like to thank you for your support and contribution to making a positive...
The Royal Melbourne Hospital benefits from Dry July 2021 fundraising
Your incredible Dry July fundraising efforts have enabled The Royal Melbourne Hospital to purchase items for:
• Turnco Sence Power Recliners – this will enable head and neck patients to sit comfortably out of bed and encourage them to get moving;
• Axis Health Avalo Treatment Carts – purpose-built trolleys would mean we are more efficient at attending to our cancer patients pathology testing causing less anxiety to our patients and reducing waiting times;
• Head & Neck Post Op Nurture Packages – patients will be able to use products at home to alleviate the side effects of head & neck cancer such as dry mouth, scarring of the face and neck and aid healing of donor sites used for reconstructions;
• Building on Portable Studio &...
Dry July fundraising this year means The Alfred can continue to run their wonderful Music Therapy Program
Your fundraising for Dry July has enabled The Alfred Foundation to support programs like our Music Therapy Program.
For several years now the money raised through Dry July has been used to continue the Music Therapy Program here at The Alfred, employing our fantastic and very talented Music Therapist, Lucy. We’d like to thank all of those who stepped up to the challenge of going Dry in July to support our cancer patients in their treatment and recovery.
Your fundraising for Dry July will assist St Vincent's Hospital, Melbourne to purchase comfort items for cancer patients
We are truly grateful for the overwhelming support we received this year. Your Dry July fundraising will go towards improving the experience of patients being treated for cancer at St Vincent’s Hospital.
The St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne Dry July team members did a fantastic job making a sacrifice, while seeking donations through sponsorship from their friends, family and extended networks.
Your fundraising for Dry July has assisted St Vincent’s to purchase the following items:
• Christmas decorations for Cancer Centre, 6th Floor Oncology Ward
• Newspapers for CDU & 6th Floor Oncology Ward
• Fresh Flowers CDU
• 2 x WIFI Connex Spot Monitor, NIBP, Covidien, PRO 6000
• 3 x T688 Chemotherapy Treatment Chairs
Our wonderful staff...