We are pleased to announce that with your help we raised an astounding $43,705 for the care of our cancer patients. We are extremely grateful for your fundraising efforts and dedication.
Your fundraising for Dry July has enabled The Royal Melbourne Hospital to purchase items for:
• Patient Library & Relaxation Lounge –Having a relaxed environment where patients can retreat to and relax can help improve mood and help build more positive experiences related to hospital admissions
• Vital Signs Monitors – Having new wall mounted obs machines would minimize the infection risk in our 4 bedroom trache rooms, less equipment around the patient and help decluttering the room which would improve overall patient care and safety
• Recliner Chairs –The new recliners provide pressure relief features for long term seating which are perfect for patients with diseases such as lung cancer
• Prostate Care Packs– Developing a Prostate Cancer Survivorship Toolkit for men undergoing surgery for prostate cancer will help them understand the short term or permanent side effects of prostate cancer surgery and accessing rehabilitation options are critical for recovery of physical and emotional health, relationships and social life
• Coffee Pod Machine & Supplies – this will be a luxury to offer patients during chemotherapy and blood transfusions etc. It also allows nurses more time to provide direct patient care
• A dip Sculpt Medical Centrifuge - A new centrifuge to use for fat grafting in our head and neck cancer patients will mean less need to reschedule appointments due to unavailability of a machine minimising impact to a patient’s life, and will assist patients to have a more body positive outlook
On behalf of all the patients and staff at The Royal Melbourne Hospital, and our amazing ambassador Natasha Prolisko, we would like to thank you for your support and contribution and for making a positive difference in the lives of people affected by cancer.