Since 1st January 2020 Mummy's Wish has sent out 300 Care packs to mums with cancer across Australia. These Care Packs are posted to all mums registered with us to help prepare and support them and their families as mum goes through treatment for cancer.
Each Care Pack includes:
• The Mummy’s Wish voice recordable Comfort Bear provided for each child aged 12 and under in the family. Mum is able to record a message of love for her little one/s that the child can listen to and feel reassured whenever they are separated from their mum due to her treatment.
• Age appropriate therapeutic book(s) for her children that assists mums in discussing their cancer journey and associated emotions with their children. The books resourced have been researched by the Support Coordinators as age-specific and appropriate to children who have a mum with cancer. Some of the books include "When someone has a very serious illness", "Beginnings and Endings and Lifetimes in between", “What is Happening to my Mummy?” and "You, me and the Rainbow".
• The Mummy’s Wish “Dealing with Cancer: A guide for mums” provides mums with valuable information including how to cope with their diagnosis; tell their children about cancer; how to ask for help; and ways to enjoy time with their kids when they’re unwell.
• Mummy’s Wish document wallet to store important information
• Mummy’s Wish reusable printed calico tote bag.
Since 1st January 2020 to the end of April 2020 Mummy's Wish has sent out 200 Care packs to mums with cancer across Australia.
Quotes from mums this year after receiving our support:
"Thank you very much for your wonderful gifts and support at this our crucial time. I really feel that someone is here to listen and look after us"
"Just wanted to say a big thank you for the package you sent to us with the teddy bears, books and all the information. I can’t tell you how grateful I am to yourself and Mummy’s Wish for your kindness, support and generosity."