We’re thrilled to announce the recipients of the 2018 Dry July Foundation Grant Program in WA.
The money for the Grant Program was raised by Dry July 2018 participants, who elected to fundraise for the Dry July Foundation as part of their alcohol-free month.
In October, the Dry July Foundation invited cancer support organisations to apply for a grant. Each grant application was capped at $50,000, however organisations could apply for more than one grant.
Nationally, we received an incredible 171 grant applications from 65 organisations across Australia, totalling over $6.4m. With $4.1m available from this year’s Dry July, we were able to award funding to 138 projects.
Since 2008, the Dry July Foundation has funded more than 1,200 projects for 80 cancer support organisations across Australia.
Congratulations to this year’s WA Grant Program recipients:
Cancer Council Western Australia
• 13 11 20 Information and Support Line, a free, confidential information and support service, available to those affected by or concerned about cancer and works to connect West Australians with relevant support, information and resources
• Establish a new CCWA Cancer Support Centre at Fiona Stanley Hospital, to reach more patients and families who need psychosocial support and access to cancer support services
Fiona Stanley Hospital
• Treatment Diaries, allowing patients and their families to track appointments and symptoms, improve communication, knowledge of treatments and encourage questions
SolarisCare Cancer Support Centres
• Continued delivery of services at five centres, including exercise groups, support groups, art therapy and complementary therapies
• Patient information booklets to support cancer patients to make informed and safe choices about the options for managing their cancer journey and the associated symptoms of their disease and treatment
• Complimentary patient comfort packs including organic soaps, lip balms, hair and scalp products and information booklets
• Patient Support Courses including educational resources, one on one counselling, group therapies such as poetry writing, exercise activities, and other resources to assist individuals to cope and adapt to their current situation
For the full list of grant recipients, please visit https://www.dryjuly.com/beneficiaries/dryjulyfoundation/posts/12234