Thanks to funds raised through Dry July in 2019, Solaris Cancer Care are able to funds the following projects:
• Produce patient information booklets outlining the supportive services available at Solaris centres
• Deliver patient education seminars
• Provide ongoing exercise sessions and complementary therapies
• Implement an ongoing program of guided meditation through drumming
• Purchase oils, creams and other disposable items necessary to deliver massage and reflexology
• Provide ongoing counselling services.
All of these services will empower patients to make evidence-based choices to best meet their individual requirements for supportive care during their cancer journey. They will nurture both their physical and mental well-being in a safe and caring environment. By making these choices, seeking education and information, and engaging with professionals and like-minded others, our patients are actively contributing to their treatment and this delivers a sense of purpose, control, achievement and hope.
Solaris Cancer Care's aim is simply to make their patients feel better, by helping them to live the best quality of life they can through their cancer journey and beyond, and your very generous support allows us to do that.