Dry July 2019 campaign supports patients at the Shoalhaven Cancer Care Centre
Thanks to funds raised through the Dry July campaign in 2019, the Shoalhaven Cancer Care Centre has been able to fund the following projects:
• Wellness Activities including Yoga, Tai Chi and massage
• Art and our community: Commission of local indigenous artist to produce bespoke artwork for the centre
• Enhancements to Patient Accommodation: Purchase of comfort items at the Shoalhaven Cancer Accommodation Centre - iPads, Coffee machines, pots, pans and sandwich press
• While You're Here Project: Magazine subscriptions and entertainment packs for children
Shoalhaven Cancer Care Centre receives a grant from the Dry July Foundation
We're proud to announce that Shoalhaven Cancer Care Centre has received a grant from the Dry July Foundation 2018 Grant Program.
The grant will go towards the following:
• “While You're Here” project: providing patients with reading materials and activities to distract and occupy them while waiting for appointments or during treatment
• Virtual Reality Patient Education for Radiation Therapy Patients, allowing patients and their carers to see how radiation works, what it will do to tumours, and what the treatment will look and sound like
Local Support = Local Patient Benefits
Sign up to Dry July on Wednesday 13 June at the event being held in the Foyer at Wollongong Hospital Foyer!
Projects funded from Dry July 2017
Thanks to funds raised from Dry July 2017, Shoalhaven Cancer Care Centre have been able to fund:
- NEW magazines throughout the patient spaces in the Centre
- Children’s Creativity Packs for children accompanying adults to appointments
- 2018: Living Well After Treatment Workshops
- Music delivered via iPad and speaker, while patients undergo Radiation Therapy treatment
- Colour me Calm Mindfulness Resource Kits for Chemotherapy patients
- Welcome to Cancer Services video for patient viewing (in development)
Dry July events in the Illawarra for Dry July 2017 - and meet Schoo-nah!!
Each year we approach the campaign with a light-hearted and positive attitude to help staff, patients and their families to get on board with Dry July. Here are some photos of our events to promote the campaign in 2017.