The Dry July campaign has been making a real difference at the Crown Princess Mary Cancer Centre (CPMCC) Westmead in the many years that we have been associated with this incredible fundraising campaign. The projects funded by Dry July have directly influenced the experience of cancer patients, carer’s and their families while they are being treated or visiting the centre with the aim to make this difficult time of their lives that little bit easier and less stressful.
In 2023 we will again be participating in Dry July and raising funds to support our cancer patients and their families at the CPMCC Westmead.
Please join with us in making this the day you decide to make a difference to the lives of people affected by cancer. Sign up or donate to this great cause.
The Crown Princess Mary Cancer Centre Westmead is a purpose- built state of the art facility which matches anything in the world located within Westmead Hospital. It is an integrated comprehensive centre serving a population of over 1 million in the West of Sydney with a multidisciplinary approach to the treatment of cancer, palliative care and haematology blood disorders.
The CPMCC Westmead provides fully integrated research, prevention, diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation programs for patients and families coping with cancer and offers:
• Chemotherapy Day Care Suite which has 30 chemotherapy chairs (all recently updated with Dry July funds), acute care beds and procedure rooms
• 30 Specialised outpatient clinic rooms
• A large radiation therapy treatment area which includes 4 radiation therapy machines (linear accelerators), apheresis, as well as a high dose brachytherapy suite
• Specialist psychosocial support,
• Clinical trials units which have access to world-class cutting edge medical technology with a wide range of treatments being studied, ranging from drugs through to radiological and surgical methods, as well as preventative options for combating cancer.
• Familial cancer service
• Leading world class laboratory cancer research
We are affiliated with the University of Sydney and the University of Western Sydney and place a high importance upon training the next generation of doctors and other health professionals.