We’re thrilled to announce the recipients of the 2018 Dry July Foundation Grant Program in Tasmania.
The money for the Grant Program was raised by Dry July 2018 participants, who elected to fundraise for the Dry July Foundation as part of their alcohol-free month.
In October, the Dry July Foundation invited cancer support organisations to apply for a grant. Each grant application was capped at $50,000, however organisations could apply for more than one grant.
Nationally, we received an incredible 171 grant applications from 65 organisations across Australia, totalling over $6.4m. With $4.1m available from this year’s Dry July, we were able to award funding to 138 projects.
Since 2008, the Dry July Foundation has funded more than 1,200 projects for 80 cancer support organisations across Australia.
Congratulations to this year’s Tasmanian Grant Program recipients:
Cancer Council Tasmania
• Mindfulness Program to enhance physical, social and emotional wellbeing and support relationships of people affected by cancer
• Nutrition Program: 6 nutritional workshops for people in cancer survivorship and their carers
• Art Therapy program for young adults aged 18 - 25 year who have been impacted by their own diagnosis or through the cancer diagnosis of a significant other
• Pilates for Cancer Patients at Northern Cancer Support Centre, Launceston
• Upgrades to Southern Cancer Support Centre to provide a more conducive, practical and comfortable space for education, training and support programs
WP Holman Clinic
• Refurbishment of the Radiation Simulation area to include an interview room and changing area