We’re thrilled to announce the recipients of the 2018 Dry July Foundation Grant Program in the ACT.
The money for the Grant Program was raised by Dry July 2018 participants, who elected to fundraise for the Dry July Foundation as part of their alcohol-free month.
In October, the Dry July Foundation invited cancer support organisations to apply for a grant. Each grant application was capped at $50,000, however organisations could apply for more than one grant.
Nationally, we received an incredible 171 grant applications from 65 organisations across Australia, totalling over $6.4m. With $4.1m available from this year’s Dry July, we were able to award funding to 138 projects.
Since 2008, the Dry July Foundation has funded more than 1,200 projects for 80 cancer support organisations across Australia.
Congratulations to this year’s ACT Grant Program recipients:
• A Scalp Cooling Cap for use during chemotherapy, aimed at reducing the side-effect of hair loss cause by chemotherapy
• Newspapers & Magazines subscription for Duffy House and the Cancer Centre
• Water and Ice Station to make patients more comfortable during treatment
• Refurbishment of patient waiting areas to create a pleasant, non-clinical environment to conduct chemotherapy/stem cell collection and transplant education sessions for new patients.
Cancer Council ACT
• Cancer Information Booklets to provide information about specific cancers, diagnosis, treatment, side effects of treatment and life after cancer